Is one of the oldest and most commonly used forms of alternative medicine. Originating in China more than 2,500 years ago, acupuncture is currently one of the most thoroughly researched, practiced, and respected forms of complementary medicine available anywhere.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), your overall health is determined by the quality and quantity of Chi (life energy) flow through the energy pathways of your body (acupuncture channels). Acupuncture uses a variety of techniques, including placing very thin (hair-like) sterile needles into specific points in the body to stimulate and unblock the energy accumulated in the acupuncture channels, and to improve your Chi flow and restore the balance of energy. How Acupuncture Works
AcuBalance Center specializes in treating emotional pain such as stress related issues, depression, anxiety, PTSD, attention deficit disorder, bi-polar disorder and other emotional problems, either by themselves or as a result of other illnesses or treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or prolonged illness or intake of medications.
Pain reduction: Acute from injuries or chronic pain from any reason: Headache, neck, shoulder, back, lower back, joint, and muscle pain. Fibromyalgia, nerve pain. gastrointestinal, artritis, rheumatism, sciatic pain, menstrual pain, etc., etc.
- Allergies: Sinus, head, chest congestion, cough, headache, sneezing, etc. See here
- Stress and other problems caused by stress: gastritis, colitis (IBS), anxiety, migraine headache, constipation, insomnia, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, muscle tightness, PTSD, OCD, etc., etc.
- Insomnia: Not being able to fall asleep, waking up too early, light sleep, waking up during the night, nightmares.
- Depression: Feeling sad, frequent crying, lack of energy, lack of motivation, lack of or too much hunger, feeling hopeless/helpless, feeling negative about the past, present or future, etc, etc.
- Irregular heart beat: Heart beating too fast, then slow, skipping beats, etc.
- HTN/LBP (high or low blood pressure)
- Anxiety/Fear: General anxiety, phobias, anxiety attacks. Fear of real or imagined threats, sweating when exposed to certain situations, palpitations, hand/limbs shaking, blushing, dry mouth, stuttering, etc.
- Energy: (too much or not enough). Being constantly “on the go”, not being able to concentrate, inability to quiet one’s mind, insomnia, overthinking, type A personality, overactive, manic. Or constantly or easily tired, lethargic, feeling lazy, somnolent, falling asleep during the day, lacking energy to do one’s normal living activities, etc.
- Digestive issues: Sore, bulging ulcers, bloating, lack of appetite, belging, burping, acid regurgitation, excessive gas, elimination problems, constipation, loose stools, etc.
- Weight reduction management. Besides acupuncture, excess weight is reduced by eating the proper amount and types of foods, exercising & reducing stress. Must be willing to commit to a holistic treatment and to come to acupuncture treatments 2x/week for several weeks.
- Addictions: tobacco, mariguana, other addictions. treatment requires willing to stop taking the addicted substance, stress reduction support, environmental changes, life style changes. Must commit to come to acupuncture every day for a few weeks, and to follow recommendations. Also to take prescribed herbs.
- Infertility, impotence: Acupuncture and herbal treatments depending on condition.
- Menopause: Symptoms such as hot flashes, irritability, mood changes, insomnia, night sweating, irregular bleeding, etc.
- Premenstrual Sydrome (PMS). Abdominal cramps and pains due to menstrual bleeding before or after the beginning of menstruation, headache, breast inflammation and soreness, back ache, etc. Also, irregular menstruation, excess bleeding, too little or no bleeding.
- Immune system problems: frequently catching colds, allergies, immunological illnesses: Rheumatic Artritis, Thyroiditis Multiple Sclerosis.
- Cancer: Side effects of chemotherapy such as nausea, vomiting, fatigue.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: joint pain, muscular pain, back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, sciatic pain, arthritis pain, OA, disc herniations, numbness and tingling from neuropathy, etc.
- Side effects of long-term medications.
- Migraine and other headaches.
- Respiratory problems: Common cold, bronchitis, asthma, allergies.
- Circulatory problems: Bad circulation, varicose veins.
- Management of chronic diseases: hypertension, diabetes, etc.
- Facial rejuvenation: Constitutional treatments: Treating the face as well as the body as needed for improvement of overall health.
- Nausea & vomiting: From any cause.
- Overall health/Wellbeing: Prevention of illness: Balancing the Chi of the meridians to promote self- healing mechanisms and prevent illness.